Sunday, April 21, 2013

I Kinda Nicely Told Off Someone In The Bishopric Today

So, today after Sacrament, I got asked to meet with one of the counselors from the Bishopric.

After we went into a room, he told me, "I have some sad news...well, actually doubly sad news."

Which made me nervously chuckle out, "Oh, what did I do now?"

We said a prayer and he released me as Ward Chorister, which I love...so, now, I don't have ANY musical callings, much to my dismay.

He then said "The other sad news, you've been called to nursery."

After a second of silence, I looked at him and said, "Can I ask you something?" he said sure and I said, "Why would you say nursery is a 'double sad', it was a fun calling when I had it before."

He then started backpedaling fast explaining that he personally would rather have his current calling or maybe even bishop than nursery.  I was pretty upset about it.

Those are OUR kids in there, the future.  How DARE you apologize for helping take care and nurture them?!

They are children of God, and while, albeit a handful, they are more closer to the heavens and the angels than any adult.  You look at a child and you see the miracles of heaven.  What a beautiful, chaotic site.

So, next time you drop your kid in nursery, or have just been called to the "dreaded calling"...please stop and think what a WONDERFUL calling this can be!!

<3

Jessie

1 comment:

  1. Good job for calling him out! We can all think of callings we'd be more/less interested in, but that shouldn't show when you're job is to extend a calling and motivate the receiver. All callings are opportunities for growth.

    My wife has had _so_many_ musical callings over the years, she's happy to be doing something different right now.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete