Monday, May 20, 2013

Beaches

So, today, here's a bit more about me.

This last week I've heard Mama Ocean calling.  Urging me to come home.

I grew up about 45 minutes outside of Oakland/San Francisco.  I am a die hard Oakland A's fan.  I was in the 1989 earthquake that ravenged the area. I still hyperventilate when I go over the bay bridge...watching those cars, people falling into the ocean below, the cars sandwiched between decks really stays with a 9 year old.  Every summer we'd drive up to Bodega Bay a few times. It's a lovely place and yes, that is where Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" was filmed.  My grandparents took my mom and her siblings, she took us, and now, I take mine.  It's a beautiful tradition that I try hard to keep alive.

Another place that has become a new favorite is Sebastopol. I have some dear friends that live there and whenever I come, we try to go to Screamin' Mimi's...the BEST ice cream I have EVER had!

Though I don't live too close now, I still have family and lots of friends in the area. So I try to visit when I can...especially when I get the beckoning from Mama Ocean.

On my Facebook page, I mentioned that I am in desperate need to go.  My friend near Bodega said "get in your car and drive!" I thought,  why not?! So, I called her and we made plans to spend the night and go!  I'm so excited!

The ocean to me means so much.  It is my place of solace, of healing, of joy and respect. I have always had a stonger spiritual connection when in nature, and well, the ocean is the biggest conductor outside the temple for me.

I'm thrilled to recharge my batteries, enjoy sun and surf and be close to my Heavenly Father and my kids.

What are your plans for Memorial Day? Where is the best spot for you outside the temple/church where you feel close to those in Heaven?

Much love,

Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment