Thursday, July 16, 2015

Supreme Court and the Church "letter"

Hey my loves! It's been awhile, life just won't stop! Hubby is still out of state working and our house hasn't sold yet. Please throw some prayers our way!

First of all, YAAAAAAAAAAY on the Supreme Court decision! Of course I am happy about it. I was discussing it with my brother and he's all "No, it tramples on state's rights." Don't get me wrong, I am a big supporter of states rights...but this ruling has made it so the LGBT community can get married legally to a same sex partner without any penalties. I think it's beautiful. LGBT are no longer second class citizens.

I don't necessarily support gay marriage...I support happy marriage. Everyone has the right to be happy!

Now, the as to the now infamous "letter" from the church stating that the church disagrees with the ruling but we still welcome all to come to Christ. We should love one another and not support gay marriage.

Have faith, dear friends...everytime there has been a major ruling that has gone against church practices has eventually been changed through modern day revelation. When marriage was defined by the Supreme Court in the late 1800's to be "One man and one woman." The church came out with a response saying it's not the Lord's will, as they were practicing polygamy. Then those of African American decent, they had nearly 2 decades after the civil rights movement before they were allowed to have the Priesthood. Until the 80's, they asked to not mix races of the decent of Cain or Lamenites. I am nearly half Native American. If my family had listened to those words, I wouldn't be here today. The church today, defines marriage as one man and one woman, ANY worthy man can hold the Priesthood.

So, take heart, we are at the beginning stages of this change in our church. We are FINALLY starting to see more people being put into leadership roles that are more loving and accepting of the LDS LGBT population. The Lord is hearing our prayers to find love and understanding in his church.

Be strong, be faithful, and know that God loves YOU for YOU!!

And I love you too!

♡Jessie

3 comments:

  1. Dear Jesse,

    I am predominantly straight, but have always been attracted to women as well. I'm 19 and have now realized not all girls look at some other girls and get their breath taken away. Ha. You are so amazing to me as I looked on the Internet to know what I should do. I never explored the option of bisexuality but am now wondering if I should find this out. I would never act out, but I want to know if it's easier to deal with once you just face the fact. I can completely control myself and am not tempted (for now) but it is always in the back of my mind. I am a devout LDS student who just wants to face the trials she is given.

    -E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello E! So sorry I am so late in getting to this I've had a lot of family health problems this year!

      While I'm not going to tell you to act or not act, that is not my call nor my judgement, that is up to you. But I will tell you since being open about it (for the most part) has been hard but freeing as well. Now, when hubby and I joke about a celebrity crush (or he actually said one time I'd be okay with the Church bringing back polygamy as long as I got to help pick her out and get datested with her too...lol), I don't get flustered and want to crawl away and die. I am no longer ashamed of myself or my feelings...and it feels good knowing that I am a daughter of God and I was made EXACTLY how he wanted me made...that being said, some days, it is REALLY hard...especially when you find a woman you could see yourself loving and being with.

      Keep up the faith! If you have any more questions, please let me know!

      Love, Jess

      Delete
    2. Hello E! So sorry I am so late in getting to this I've had a lot of family health problems this year!

      While I'm not going to tell you to act or not act, that is not my call nor my judgement, that is up to you. But I will tell you since being open about it (for the most part) has been hard but freeing as well. Now, when hubby and I joke about a celebrity crush (or he actually said one time I'd be okay with the Church bringing back polygamy as long as I got to help pick her out and get datested with her too...lol), I don't get flustered and want to crawl away and die. I am no longer ashamed of myself or my feelings...and it feels good knowing that I am a daughter of God and I was made EXACTLY how he wanted me made...that being said, some days, it is REALLY hard...especially when you find a woman you could see yourself loving and being with.

      Keep up the faith! If you have any more questions, please let me know!

      Love, Jess

      Delete