Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Trump is President-Elect

So, I thought I'd share my feelings on the election that just happened yesterday.
Donald Trump, a horrible man, beat out another not so good candidate. I wasn't a fan of Clinton, but I am terrified of Trump.
He is anti-LGBT (Vice President elect Pence is a fan of conversion therapy.), he is racist and sexist. I fear women in this nation will look up to him as an ideal man...and it's scary. My neices were crying last night as he won. The hate that I see spewing from people's mouths today is so sad.

Today, on a street corner, I saw a man, beaming, with a Trump hat, waving a white flag with the words "Ex-Gay" on an apron he had on. I just wanted to cry.

My heart hurts, but I am hoping that in time, Trump will show us he isn't that bad after all. My expectations are pretty low for him...so, hopefully he'll pleasantly surprise us.

My LGBT brothers and sisters. I love you, you are loved more than you know!! Keep being strong!

May our hearts and our nation be healed soon.

Love,

Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment