Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Repeat After Me

So, I have been e-mailing back and forth with "M" the last couple weeks.  She's been struggling (as we've seen in her previous Q&A's)

So, I sent her this and I think it works on so many levels with many religious people who are struggling right now.  Now, this is set up for M, but please insert you where you need to.

Repeat after me:

"I am a Daughter Of God who loves me and I love him.  He loves me for every flaw, regardless of whether issues with my sexuality are deemed a "flaw" or not...He still loves me and is SO proud of me!  By admitting this to myself, it does NOT change me, it does NOT make me different or "unclean".  I am STILL the SAME Daughter of God. This part of me is but a SMALL part of who I am.  Whomever thinks that I am NOT worthy of God's love, their love, or any love in my life obviously doesn't know me or know God...and they can go fuck* themselves."

*omit if needed. :-)

Charity is the pure love of Christ. If we are lost in the service of fellow man, helping them up when down instead of being the ones to knock them down, oh, how wonderful this world would be!!  When we love someone unconditionally despite race, religion, gender or orientation, we become closer to Christ. He would never shun someone who needed help. He would invite them in and love them.

Peace be unto you. I hope this helps you rise up and never be the same. Whether it's to help support you in your own life or show you that everyone needs love, whether you agree with their decisions in life. It is not your job to judge them, it is your job to LOVE them.

<3 you all so much!

Jessie

2 comments:

  1. Most people do not know unconditional love, even though it is what we are born with. Society and our family teaches us to be judgmental and it is a behavior we need to unlearn. Why harm when you can help and its so much more rewarding?
    Keep up the good work.
    XXOO
    Greek in FLA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. A big example is I'm am a huge lover of the Muslim faith...the TRUE Islam...the one where the prophet Muhammud gave women the right to vote and own land, put an end to female infancide. Now all people judge muslims by is they are all terrorist and abuse women's rights. No, that are stupid men that took something good and right and changed it to fit their needs.

    You're right Greek, so much more rewarding to love!

    ReplyDelete