Thursday, August 9, 2012

Q&A #2: Am I Completely Satisfied Being Bisexual In A Heterosexual Marriage?

Hello again!  Ready for the next question that readers have sent in?  I am!!

This question came from S. in Arizona:

"Being Bisexual, do you feel that you could be completely satisfied with just your husband?  Or do you feel a little like you need some of both to be perfectly complete?"

Boy, this is a hard one to put into words.  Yes and at the same time, no.

My husband is my soul mate...he completes things in me that I didn't even know existed.  He knows me in and out, accepts me for who I am...smiles, flaws, everything.  He was my friend long before I ever thought about marrying him, in time it turned into something more...we just fit so well together.  Am very satisfied with my life with him.

That being said, my mind does wander into the "What If" mode sometimes.  What if, God forbid, we ever get divorced or he dies young?  Will I pursue something at that point?  What if I met a girl that completed me like he completes me before I met him?  I say before for a reason.  After I married my hubby, I started to meet women that we had a ton in common, they're beautiful, we've become good friends, and they were interested in me as more than a friend.

I actually wrote a song about one instance titled "I Can't, I Won't".  I had a good girl friend that I also worked with.  We hung out many times outside of work.  She was Bi and often jokingly called me her "Mormon Girlfriend" I laughed and enjoyed the joke.  One night outside of work, she had been drinking and she told me, "If you weren't married, you WOULD be my girl."  I have no doubt that something would have happened if I wasn't married...or if I didn't have such a solid marriage.

Because I love, honor and respect my husband and my wedding covenants, I have always been able to without any pause to say, "No, but thanks, I'm flattered."  Had I met them before I started dating my hubby, I know things would have turned out differently.

I do think that I compensate through good girlfriends.  I have a handful of girlfriends who are like sisters to me.  They do help me cope with this...whether it's talking about it or just being there for me in general. They are the ones that gave me the support to start coming out more and gave me BIG support to start this blog. (..and if you're reading it ladies, *MWAH!*).

Do they give me something I don't have in my marriage.  Yes, they do.  But I think it's just a fact that they've been a girl all their lives, they understand and think differently than a man does.  Sometimes hubby just doesn't understand and you need a girls' view point.  Women are in general more maternal and compassionate than men, they treat you different...and it's nice that if you're crying for no "real reason"...you have someone there for you that has cried for no reason too and gets why you're crying. :)

I hope this answers your questions S. from Arizona!  Thanks so much for sending in a question!!

Do you have a question for me?  No question is too "odd" to ask!  E-mail me!

<3
Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment