Saturday, June 16, 2012

About Me

Hello!  My name is Jessie.  I am a VERY active, Latter-Day Saint (Mormon) married mother of two and am Bi-Sexual.

It is with my awesome husband's support that I start this blog.  It's sole purpose is to tell my story and hope it touches people.  I hope that it softens other LDS stigma of the LGBT community and shows people that we are ALL children of God, that we come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and yes, even orientations.  I hope that others in my exact situation (and I know there are many!) know that they are NOT alone. :)

Is that my real name? No. Do I look like Kate Beckinsale? Some say I do...lol   Sadly, I have in the past been met with person(s) who have caused troubles in my past about who I am and what I stand for, and I'm not ready to have that turmoil back in my life.  So, I respectfully ask those who do know who I really am to respect my family's wishes for some privacy.  I may eventually reveal my true identity, but as now, I will happily remain "Jessie". :)

I was born and have spent most of my life on the west coast.  I love everything about it.  The mountains, the desert, the ocean.  I feel very close to our Father in Heaven when I am in nature.

As I said, I am an active Latter-Day Saint.  I hold a current temple recommend and try to attend the temple as much as possible.  I am the Primary and Ward Chorister.  I studied Opera for two years at Ricks College.  I have been very blessed in music and love to share it as much as I can.  I am grateful my callings are such where I can happily use my talents.

I am and have happily married for almost 9 years.  I met my husband in high school.  We were just friends for years and actually fell in love over our 2 years in letter writing while he served his mission.  We have two beautiful children.  A 6 year old boy and a 9 month old girl.  These three are my world.  My husband is my best friend, my confidant, my soul mate.  I feel so blessed to have him in my life.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment